[Pardus-devel] Pardus 2011 Beta is now available
gokcen at pardus.org.tr
Thu Oct 21 22:25:36 EEST 2010
Live and Installation images of Pardus 2011 Beta release for
32-bit architectures are ready. Thanks to everybody for all works.
The new features are listed below which was prepared since Alpha 2
* 150 new package and 633 updates included to new images,
* If we mention about the important feature of Beta release, first
one is YALI with renewed interface, LVM/RAID support and disc
* The boot splash of Pardus has completely renewed. 2011 release offers
richer theme support and more capable animations by using Plymouth
* Pardus 2011 Beta release, coming with latest release of KDE desktop
environment, KDE 4.5.2. With this release the backbone of desktop
environment Plasma, the file manager
(Dolphin) and desktop effects has become more stable and faster with a
* Firefox gets new stable release rapidly. 4.0b8pre release presents
features like the new interface of the browser as well as tab grouping,
between computers, passwords and history matching, a new add-on
HTML5, CSS3 and WebM technology supports are also most important
features for the developers,
* The alternative web browsers such as Chromium and Rekonq are ready
users which prefer the alternative internet browsers other than
* The applications which are frequently used by desktop users such as
(multimedia player), Skanlite (browser interface), KTorrent (torrent
interface), SMPlayer (video player) is installed in Beta version,
* Those who use office applications extensively, can try LibreOffice
(3.3 Beta 1), OpenOffice's
continuation project, with improvements like Turkish spell checking,
and compatibility which are prepared by Pardus developers,
* As well as the some innovations and effects on The Package Manager
more fast package updates and installation can be performed with the
improvements in Pisi infrastructure. Package scoring and screenshot
which are the users' ambitions expected for 2011, now supported.
from the web interface and voting will be done soon,
* System Settings configures Wacom tablet, Touchpad and Bluetooth
longer. 2.6.36-rc7 version of Linux kernel provides support for the
have new computer with current hardware,
Known problems for this release:
* Shrink partition option YALI has some bugs.
* YALI sometimes does not set system time correctly.
* LibreOffice start in second run.
Keep in mind that this is a beta release and because of the fast
development process, you will
get massive number of package updates as more bugs are fixed.
We'll be pleased to hear about bug reports and enhancement requests
through product of 'Pardus 2011' in bugs.pardus.org.tr address.
More information about the Pardus-devel