[Pardus-devel] Pardus 2011 Alpha 2
gokcen at pardus.org.tr
Thu Sep 16 19:55:29 EEST 2010
The second alpha release of Pardus 2011 is now available for both 32-bit and
64-bit architectures being as live and installation images. Thank you
for all your help.
The new features are listed below which was prepared since Alpha 1 release:
* Nearly 170 new packages and 100 updates merged to 2011 package repository,
* Management tools (Boot, Firewall, Package, Service and User Managers)
and Kaptan included into the Pardus 2011. Furtermore Package Manager will
release with new interface,
* alternatives system is ready to use, which enable user to install different
softwares, alternatives to each other. At the moment, Pardus 2011 use this
features with graphic card drivers. At the same time this system is used to
switch closed source graphic card drivers in live system,
* Using gecko-mediaplayer, multimedia player support added to Firefox,
* K3b, Rekonq, Okular, KDE Printer Configuration and significant amount of KDE
plasmoids are ready for 2011,
* New YALI which is based on Corporate 2, was adapted to Pardus 2011. The
remarkable features of new YALI are UUID usage, LVM support and a brand new
* The closed source wireless network driver Broadcom WL and Nvidia graphic
card driver take place in Pardus 2011 Alpha 2. To use closed source Nvidia use
blacklist=nouveau as kernel parameter,
* Powered multimedia players such as mplayer and vlc, take place in the
* The last stable release KDE (4.5.1) was included to Pardus 2011 Alpha 2 with
* The new kernel release (2.6.36_rc4) was begun to use in Alpha 2 with lots of
new hardware supports.
* The Live images missing in previous Alpha release are now ready for Pardus
2011. As we announced before, the images will release from now on will fit
into the DVD.
* Many bugs fixed, in addition to bugs listed as 'known problems' in previous
Alpha release announcement.
Known problems for this release:
* There exist a problem with keyboard selection section of Kaptan in Live
* User name and password required administrative operations (i.e. date/time
changes) is not permitted in Live release.
* There exist some bugs in Yalı partitioning screen. For example the
VolumeGroup was not able to created more than 1 times.
* Some kwin effects are very slow or blocking on some Nvidia video cards.
* If 2011 is installed using USB flash drives, GRUB may not be written
correctly to target disk/partition.
Nightly images will continue to release at this link. Keep in mind that
this is an Alpha release and because of the fast development process, you will
get massive number of package updates as more bugs are fixed.
We'll be pleased to hear about bug reports and enhancement requests
through product of 'Pardus 2011' in bugs.pardus.org.tr address.
-------------- sonraki b�l�m --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Pardus-devel